PestScan creates and services software for the Pest control sector. Started in 2009, we really kicked off in 2014 and have grown very rapidly since in every way. We now service more than 400 companies in over 30 different countries on all continents, the most important ones being the Benelux, Germany, France, Scandinavia, and the UK.
The software is composed of an app that technicians use to register pest activity and incidences, a web-based admin portal for customer management, planning and invoicing and finally a customer portal for reporting to the end customer.
Our niche is the wonderful world of pest control. Currently, this world is in fast transition away from toxic extermination and toward prevention of pests (IPM) and if they occur, controlling them in an animal friendly and ecological way. PestScan offers exactly those services needed to facilitate this transition.
- Extend functionality of our current mobile app (HTML, jQuery Mobile with .NET 6.0 services)
- Develop new app for different user group. A new, modern platform can be chosen, such as Xamarin, React or Angular. Depending on your skills we may decide for the one or the other
The app runs on iOS and Android phones and tablets as well as rugged industry devices (handheld scanners).
Interesting features are barcode scanning, adding photos to records and drawing on the photos, interactive floorplan management, signature grabbing.
The app communicates with our back end through .NET 6 services with a SQL database. The back end is installed on our server in a data center and on some customer servers.
We are about to totally update the user interface design so as to attract more attention from new prospects.
Your job will also be to start developing a brand-new app using a modern technology. A new, modern platform can be chosen, such as Xamarin. Get in touch for details, we don’t want to publish our strategic secrets here!
We use Git to create work items for you in iterations. The process is managed by a product owner. We are working towards continuous delivery, automated testing and Azure hosting, but honestly, we still need to take some steps here. You could help us to speed up this transition. We have one weekly stand-up and a biweekly retrospective meeting.
- You are very experienced in jQuery, jQuery Mobile and (Xamarin || React || Angular)
- You have some experience in DevOps, C#, SQL and MS Visual Studio.
- Attractive salary
- Quiet environment where you can easily concentrate
- Very exciting niche sector
- Pleasant, feels-like-home company atmosphere
- Pension fee 10% on top of gross salary
- Travelling compensation
- Working from home up to 50% of the time
- Very few business meetings, short decision lines